Date: Dec 3, 2012 3:30 AM
Author: John Fultz
Subject: Mathematica 9 for Windows

Some users who upgraded to Mathematica 9 for Windows have reported
encountering blue-screen system crashes. The system crashes seem to be
caused by a Windows bug in handling how we update fonts, and can
potentially happen even when not running Mathematica (for example,
opening the Fonts control panel might cause a blue screen). The issue
only affects Windows machines which had older versions of Mathematica
installed.

The issue is rare and was not found during extensive internal and
external prerelease testing. However, we're taking the issue very
seriously, and we recommend that you don't install Mathematica 9 for
Windows until we can provide you with a patched installer, which should
be available for download from http://user.wolfram.com in the next few
days.

If you have already installed Mathematica 9 for Windows and have not
encountered this issue there is nothing you need to do.

If you have installed Mathematica 9 for Windows and have encountered the
issue, you can find a solution for the problem here:

http://support.wolfram.com/kb/11160

Or, feel free to contact Technical Support and they can help you walk
through deploying the fix.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Sincerely,

John Fultz, Director of User Interface Technology
Arnoud Buzing, Director of Quality Assurance
Wolfram Research, Inc.