Date: Dec 3, 2012 6:09 AM
Subject: Some parameters in GA
1) When I run the GA solver using the toolbox, is the objective function value the most critical output I have to monitor? When I run the GA repeatedly, do I have to record down other information for each run such as current iteration, reason for the optimization terminated and the final point?
2) Is there a standard reference of how many times we have to run for each set of parameter and then take the average of the objective function value?
3) For each run, the value for current iteration is different. How does this matter? Bigger value is better or smaller value is better. Is there an ideal value for current iteration? Do I have to do something to control the current iteration?
4) What is the meaning of this termination reason which was displayed at the results of toolbox ?Optimization terminated: average change in the fitness value less than options.TolFun.?
5) If I need to repeat the same set of parameter for ten times by using the toolbox, do I have to manually run it ten times and manually record the objective function value for each run? Is there another way which I can set to run ten times at once and record ten objective function values at once?
6) Will the stopping criteria for the number of generation affect my results? E.g does it matter if I set the number of generation to be 200, 300 or 400 etc.
7) In the constrain option, if I don?t have any constraints, do I just put  for both linear equalities and linear inequalities?