Date: Dec 5, 2012 2:35 PM
Author: kirby urner
Subject: Re: WG 13 Announcement: CERME 8 [Turkey]

> Lol, that should be a lesson Kirby, of what happens when you start bending
> and twisting the truth. Paul is no more likely to move to Norway than your
> daughter is to move to Iran.
>
> Bob Hansen

I don't know how you picture Iran but it's not one of those places
where women are going around fully covered in veils all the time.

http://geezsaursitsabulbasaur.tumblr.com/ (Persian girl's blog,
dredged up at random)

Dunno what bending of the truth you're talking about. I wasn't lying
about having been there (Tehran), and to Afghanistan and Russia.

Plus I am a member of the Python Software Foundation in good standing.
They see my memos / posts about ir.pycon plans.

Anyway, we have a large Iranian community right here in Portland with
a festival and everything.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kirbyurner/3778825705/ (picture from
Portland's Iranian festival)

Scandanavians also swarm here in the Pacific Northwest. Me one of them.

Grandma Esther was a daughter of first Swedish immigrants to Mercer
Island in the middle of Lake Union near Seattle.

Her dad built and ran the first gas station there.

Kirby

PS: I had some additional responses to Paul re Swedish etc. which I
archived to another list FYI.