Date: Dec 7, 2012 12:02 AM
Author: ross.finlayson@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Cantor's first proof in DETAILS

On Dec 5, 9:05 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <5312c40d-7490-4838-b49c-573a9f2e1...@i2g2000pbi.googlegroups.com>,
>

> > On Dec 4, 1:15 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <42cabcca-089d-456f-837a-c1d789bda...@jj5g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>,

> > > I already said that the step function is a real function, I only
> > > objected to your claim that it was a continuous function.
> > > --

> > Heh, then you said it wasn't, quite vociferously
>
> I objected to it being called continuous. possibly vociferously, but
> your claim that it was continuous deserved vociferous objection.
>
> :  you were wrong
>  Don't you wish!
>
> , and
>

> > within the course of a few posts wrote totally opposite things.  Your
> > memory fails and that's generous, not to mention you appear unable to
> > read three posts back.

> > And everybody sees that.
>
> > Then as noted Heaviside's step, a real function, can be simply drawn
> > classically: without lifting the pencil.

> Not outside of Rossiana.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaviside_step_function
> The Heaviside step function, or the unit step function, usually denoted
> by H (but sometimes u or ?), is a discontinuous function whose value is
> zero for negative argument and one for positive argument. It seldom
> matters what value is used for H(0), since H is mostly used as a
> distribution.
>
>   It's continuous that way.
>
> Not according to Wiki, whom EVERONE here, except possibly WM, trusts far
> more than they trust Ross.
>
> See that phase  "discontinuous function"?
>
> Or maybe your as blind as you are thick.
> --

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaviside_step_function

* ''H''(0) can take the values zero through one as a removal of the
point discontinuity, preserving and connecting the neighborhoods of
the limits from the right and left, and preserving rotational symmetry
about (0,½).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Heaviside

Looks good to me.

Not so, Hancher: not so.