Date: Dec 7, 2012 8:00 PM
Author: Paul A. Tanner III
Subject: Re: WG 13 Announcement: CERME 8 [Turkey]

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 5:49 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually it was more a response to GS who was saying he wasn't willing
> to judge my views in the same harsh light PT was bringing to bear.
>
> Lets look at the mathematics again. Does "money" sustain human
> settlements or something more basic: sun energy, photosynthesis,

> There is no "big government" in this picture directly responsible for
> the health and welfare of these denizens.

> Do we still care about health care for people who aren't US citizens?
>
> Paul seems parochially focused on his particular nation-state

> Paul, on the other hand, is parochially obsessed with the immorality
> of not helping "American citizens" -- but that need not everyone's
> principal concern.

When was the last time you saw someone you love lose her leg because she did not have the money to pay for that MRI - and did not have someone or something else like insurance or government pay for that MRI - that would have caught that infection in time to save her leg?

And you complain about "harsh light"? Please. If there were no moderator here, you would only then discover "harsh light".

Please. Your writings sound like the type of stuff put forth by some pampered rich kid (think such as Romney) who has no concept of such things, whose response to such horror is to "philosophize" while at the same time promote that people vote for the public policy of anti-government conservatism to continue such horror as the above and the agony of the vast majority of the homeless (and so many others) in the US who are denied - yes, DENIED - the proper food, proper shelter, and proper health care they need to avoid having their significantly lower life expectancy than the rest of the population.

That's right. This is in the end about the morally of what we do with the right to vote - whether we vote and how we vote if we do vote. Because as I in my prior post

"Re: WG 13 Announcement: CERME 8 [Turkey]"

and the prior post to that

"Re: WG 13 Announcement: CERME 8 [Turkey]"

and other posts linked to proved via the unavoidable and inescapable mathematics, in the end in any given democracy it is the government that voters vote for that makes or breaks that society over which it governs, and even makes it so that other people in other societies benefit or not from what that government does and does not do in relation to the rest of the world.

Refusing to prevent preventable evil is itself evil.

This includes with respect to what one does and does not do with respect to the power to vote when given the power to vote.

And this also includes with respect to what we say and promote with respect to the power to vote and what to do with that power to vote.