Date: Dec 9, 2012 11:01 AM
Author: dpb
Subject: Re: change contour type

On 12/9/2012 1:42 AM, kumar vishwajeet wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a fig file containing contour at 99% level corresponding to three
> different functions. Each of the three contours have different colour.
> But now, I want to change the line style for each of them to make them
> distinguishable even if someone sees them without color. But I am not
> able to change the line style now. Is there any way to change the line
> style??
> And if I've more than 5 different functions how can I make them
> distinguishable even without color. There are only 4 different line
> styles in when I open the figure in edit mode. Remember, I don't have
> choice to draw them again. I already have the fig files. I just want to
> modify the line type corresponding to each of the contours.
> Thanks.

Did you save the handles; use the 'linestyle' when drawing? That'll
make it easier if you don't have to "handle dive" to find them...but,
you can find them if need be.

As for more lines, the four are all that are predefined as
linestyles--best I can tell you is to use them cyclically and then label
to distinguish them.

I've railed over it for years but it seems like the enhancement of
little niceties in the graphics objects just never happens in the
glitzier stuff like trashing the help system and UI... :(