Date: Dec 11, 2012 2:24 AM
Author: alan
Subject: TrigReduce: controlling the scope

I have an expression that is a sum of products of trignometric functions. Each term is something like this:
Sin[alpha] Cos[omega tau1] Cos[omega tau2] Cos[beta]. (1)
I want to apply trig identities to the terms that contain omega to transform them into trig functions of sums and differences, but I don't want the same transformation applied to the terms involving alpha and beta. For example, I want to express (1) as
(1/2) Sin[alpha] Cos[beta](Cos[omega(tau1 - tau2)]+Cos[omega(tau1 + tau2)])

If I apply TrigReduce to (1), I get terms like
Cos[omega tau1 - omega tau2 + alpha - beta].
How do I restrict the action of TrigReduce to terms containing omega?
(I can do a hybrid calculation by cutting and pasting the terms I want, but I'd rather not have to cut and paste by hand).

Thanks.