Date: Dec 10, 2012 11:52 PM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: Re: Grover Whitehurst Testifies Against Class Size Reduction
Haim posted Dec 11, 2012 5:51 AM:
> Richard Hake
> Posted: Dec 10, 2012 11:58 AM
> >e. Whitehurst racked up 220 billable hours? That
> >Whitehurst must have worked nearly thirty 8-hour
> days on
> >it. Wonder what took him so long?
> What's a hatchet job?
> No representation without taxation.
If I may "butt in", Merriam-Webster has the following definition:
hatchet job: a forceful or malicious verbal attack
Synonyms (from another source): defamation - calumny - calumniation - obloquy - traducement [more available if required)]
Examples (from GSC) of recommendations/ judgements / pronouncements arising from 'hatchet jobs':
- -- "PUT THE EDUCATION MAFIA IN JAIL!"
- -- "BLOW UP THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION!"
- -- "OBAMA HAS AN IQ OF MID-SEVENTIES!" (jk@israeliteknight's verdict)
- -- "OPMS IS JUST PETTY LIST-MAKING AND NOTHING ELSE!" (Haim and Robert Hansen's repeated hatchet job, calumny, calumniation, obloquy, traducement, defamation. Check out attachments with my message at http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=7934528 for evidence that this is indeed a hatchet job of the most obvious sort);
- -- ... (suggestions invited for more examples)
("Still Shoveling Away! - with apologies if due to Barry Garelick for any tedium caused; and with the observation that the EASY way to avoid such tedium is simply to refrain from opening any messages purporting to originate from GSC)
Message was edited by: GS Chandy