Date: Dec 11, 2012 7:55 PM
Author: Bob Hanlon
Subject: Re: Mathematica 9 does not read mathematica 8 ".mx" files

I've never used an .mx file; however, from the documentation:

"MX files cannot be exchanged between different operating systems or
versions of Mathematica."

"Mathematica MX files can be created with DumpSave and read with Get."

Did you save the source files from which you did a DumpSave? If so,
move the source files to v9 and DumpSave new .mx files in v9.

Bob Hanlon