Date: Dec 12, 2012 10:08 AM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: Re: How to Be a Successful Human

Haim posted Dec 12, 2012 7:24 PM:
> GS Chandy Posted: Dec 12, 2012 1:37 AM
>

> >Even further emphasis might be useful with respect
> >to 'the case for humanities':
> >
> >- -- "a handle on what we value (philosophy)"
> >- -- "what mistakes we've learned from (history)"
> >- -- "how to understand other cultures (comparative
> >literature)"
> >- -- "how to interpret and describe what we

> encounter
> >from day to day (English)" [English; US English;
> Indian
> >English; Australian English; Hindi; Russian;
> whatever].
> >
> >I observe that a fair bit of the above is, in the

> main,
> >contrary to a number of the values that Haim has not
>
> >unexpectedly expressed at
> >http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=793532

> 3
> >and elsewhere.
>
> GS,
>
> Do you feel that OPMS can assist in reading
> ing comprehension?
>
> Haim
> No representation without taxation.

To 'discover' the answer to your question, it would be advisable to read the OPMS documentation already put up.

If you had done that, you would have known that the OPMS is an aid to problem solving and decision making that depends on inherent human capabilities to resolve any kind of problems confronted (including, I'd believe, those of "reading comprehension"). It does demand:

i) recognition by the 'owner' that a problem exists; and then
ii) desire to resolve it.

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away!")