Date: Dec 12, 2012 6:29 PM
Author: paul
Subject: Re: Multiple regression with all dummy variables

On Dec 11, 1:20 pm, paul <paulh...@infi.net> wrote:
> Does a multiple regression with all dummy (indicator) variables make
> sense?

Thanks for the replies! What puzzles me is that the book used for the
course (Keller, but I don't have a copy handy for a more detailed
reference) does devote considerable space to methods for use with or
instead of ANOVA to make pair-wise comparisons. Since the book gives
details of how to use Excel for computations, I'm surprised the all
dummy variable technique isn't mentioned. It is certain;y easy to
implement. Does the technique conform to the assumptions that the
residuals are normally distributed with equal variance?