Date: Dec 14, 2012 9:30 AM
Author: Charlie-Boo
Subject: Re: On the infinite binary Tree

On Dec 12, 5:26 am, Zuhair <zaljo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lets take the third degree binary tree
>
>      0
>    /    \
>   0     1
>  / \    / \
> 0  1 0  1
>
> Now this has 7 nodes BUT 8 paths, those are
>
> 0-0
> 0-1
> 1-0
> 1-1
> 0-0-0
> 0-0-1
> 0-1-0
> 0-1-1

Only 2 start with 1 and 6 start with 0. Shouldn't it be 50-50? If
you start with 0 then all start with 0. You seem to be inconsistent
in your manipulations of the tree.

You need to diagonalize the binary tree rather than the list of real
numbers - and account for multiple trees representing the same
number. Or just ignore the real number interpretation and deal with
binary strings without regard to numbers.

My many examples of diagonalization in different contexts is a model
to do just that. It's always good to generalize.

C-B