Date: Dec 15, 2012 2:10 AM
Author: kirby urner
Subject: Re: Democracy - how to achieve it?

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 10:45 AM, kirby urner <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:

<< SNIP >>

> However, I do think stepping up field operations in refugee camps and
> involving more health care personnel in global programs will have a
> positive effect on the USA scene as well. Accepting larger numbers of
> refugees for resettlement and having more such refugee camps within the
> USA's borders might also be a consequence. When the Albanians were getting
> attacked by the Yugoslavians, I advocated getting more ships involved and
> facilitating an exodus. The same might be offered to the people in Gaza
> who want to start over in another setting (not everyone would want to --
> these programs should be voluntary).

Albania:
http://www.defense.gov/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=42932
http://amarillo.com/stories/050699/usn_LA0718.002.shtml

Gaza:
http://www.laredosun.us/notas.asp?id=24045
http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/11/20/death-in-gaza-deja-vu/

Syria:
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2012/0711/Moscow-sends-warships-to-Syria-war-games-or-evacuation
http://www.camaservices.org/urgent/syrian-refugee-relief.php
http://www.state.gov/j/prm/

(the idea of flotillas for evacuation is not new -- Syria is talked about
more often in this connection as it's foreign nationals that get evacuated
in the typical scenario, not natives under attack, although that happens
too).

> As you may know, when Hitler was trying to drive all the Jews out of
> Germany, nations such as England and the USA mostly closed their borders.
> In England, recently arrived refugees were forced into prison camps whereas
> the USA simply refused to raise its quota, condemning many to death. Of
> course the food blockade (which the Quakers tried to work around) was also
> death dealing. I mention this because of how modern warfare has targeted
> civilians and involved them. In the new world order I advocate, there's a
> lot more concerted effort to move people around and get them out of the
> battles, even if only temporarily. Somalia is a current focus, as is the
> Sudan.

Source:
http://www.amazon.com/Human-Smoke-Beginnings-World-Civilization/dp/1416572465/

Kirby