Date: Dec 15, 2012 8:09 PM
Author: lajones
Subject: Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop

> If there's no way for independent researchers to verify
> the data, then it shouldn't count as publication-worthy
> scientific research.
>
> Is it science if it's secret? Maybe it's just useful
> and lucrative knowledge.
>
> Kirby

So true...

For many years we had a big sign inside of our school that read "Knowledge is Power" - which used be uplifting and empowering in helping students reach their individual goals, but when I began investigating math ed "research" in the wake of some "new and improved" programs, it took on a whole new and very uncomfortable meaning for me...