Date: Dec 16, 2012 12:46 PM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social<br> engineering'?

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Dec 16, 2012 3:25 PM:

> On Dec 15, 2012, at 8:42 PM, GS Chandy
> <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Why not simply ban ALL private ownership of
> firearms? What purpose do they serve in a lawful
> world (apart from profits for their manufacturers and
> dealers)?
>
> Maybe your barn is lawful but the world is certainly
> not.
>
> Bob Hansen

Such carefully 'selective quotation' is quite typical of the falsehoods propagated by RH. My original asked:

>> I wonder: Would effective gun control laws be
>> considered to be "unacceptable social engineering"?
>>
>> [I for one would wonder why Japan even allows the
>> possession of ANY firearms at all (shotguns and such
>> even under its severely restrictive laws). Why not
>> simply ban ALL private ownership of firearms? What
>> purpose do they serve in a lawful world (apart from
>> profits for their manufacturers and dealers)?
>>
>> [Why not work towards creating a world that is
>> generally law-abiding instead of generally lawless,
>> which seems to be the case today. Ah yes, would that
>> be considered to be 'social engineering' by some?]

I strongly recommend that RH (if he is 'scientifically inclined' as he touts himself to be) should take the small trouble to read one or a few of the MANY sound references available dealing with the matter of "How to Quote" - e.g.:

- -- http://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/QPA_quoting.html

- -- https://ilrb.cf.ac.uk/citingreferences/tutorial/quotation2.html

(There are some MMMMMillions of links available).

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away!")