Date: Dec 18, 2012 4:24 PM
Author: Kevin
Subject: Doubt Heaven

Academe is objectified as 'doubt heaven'... Sure, academe will bend
over backwards to introduce anyone with a statistical aptitude into
academe... It obviously can't be the case that statistics is a branch
of any academic discipline when statistics is endemic to every
academic discipline... What branch of academe does statistics? Every
branch of academe does statistics!! I objectify a good relationship
with statistics simply because it is academe's answer to faith... So
my philosophy teacher gives poor grades to essays where the student
puts actual thought into the assignment... My philosophy teacher is
ambitious to have 'sentiment' become a statistical quantity... There
is no rhyme or reason behind it to my way of thinking... unless he is
just being honest with me in conveying academe's imperative.