Date: Dec 19, 2012 4:12 PM
Author: Domenico Rosa
Subject: Re: Democracy - how to achieve it?

On 17 Dec 2012, GS Chandy wrote:

> Domenico Rosa posted Dec 17, 2012 5:03 AM:
> >
> > GS Chandy, Are you familiar with the Iron Law of
> > Oligarchy?
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_law_of_oligarchy
> >

> I am. It happens to be more a 'wooden rule' than it
> is an 'iron rule'

The Iron Law of Oligarchy applies not only to government, but also to all sorts of organizations--in particular it applies to the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM). Based on my observations during the past 23 years, there is overwhelming evidence demonstrating that the "elites" who control the NCTM operate this organization for their own benefit--and not for the improvement of K-12 mathematics education in the U.S.