Date: Dec 19, 2012 8:12 PM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?

On Dec 19, 2012, at 7:35 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:

> If the sign on the door says "no guns allowed" then you really need to think twice before you make a stink about it or violate the rights of your host, if you're considered a guest in any way (including a paying one).

Ok, so this is symbolic, like Disney's signs, but not about preventing violence. I mean, if you (and Disney) were actually trying to prevent violence you would have metal detectors and pat downs. By the way, I am not against private property owners not permitting guns on their property. Or having signs, metal detectors or pat downs. I also believe they have the right to require shoes and a shirt, or no shoes and no shirt. I was just looking for ideas to prevent violence. Not symbolic ideas to prevent guns.
Bob Hansen