Date: Dec 19, 2012 10:14 PM
Author: kirby urner
Subject: Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?

I mean to generalize in the same sloppy manner people generalize generally,
meaning with lots of exceptions.

I mean "on average" i.e. "on average the USAers are too socially unskilled
to have high living standards".

They were the "richest and most powerful nation on Earth" for awhile and
what did they do with that opportunity?

Now they're falling further and further behind, as the USG is further
cannibalized (sold off, privatized) by those who would prop it up as the
champion of their own sickly brand of oligarchic imperialism.

I'm not sure how to get out of this mess. Some thought Christianity would
be the salvation of these tribes, but that appears to have been a failure.
Now they have consumerism and a brain-dead STEM curriculum.

But then there's Rev. Billy and the Church of Stop Shopping. Americans
such as Rev. Billy give me renewed hope in our humanity.
http://revbilly.com/

Disney was pretty cool too, despite various meme infections one could
mention. He imagined a kinder / gentler America than the one we got. Now
his parks are being overrun with NRA orcs, like those donkey-eared liars in
Pinocchio.

I have summoned an army "Quaker trolls" to do battle and apply counter-spin
(I'm talking psy-war of course -- no outward weapons wielders need apply).

Kirby

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2012, at 9:53 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Such civilizations require a level of socialization that Americans just
> haven't demonstrated at any point in their history.
>

> You mean many americans, right, not all? Or do you mean all but yourself?
> Or do you actually mean all?
>
> Bob Hansen

Message was edited by: kirby urner