Date: Dec 23, 2012 4:42 PM
Author: czytaczgrup@gmail.com
Subject: nominal scale - comparison of populations

Hi,

Using a short questionnaire I have interviewed two populations. For majority of questions the answers are of the nominal type only (there are more than two possible answers which are self excluding and complete). Now, I would like to check if these populations are/are not the same with respect to the frequencies given to answers. Therefore, the every possible answer was coded as a distinct integer number. This gives me a probability distribution. Can I use statistical tests to compare these distributions? If yes - would be the outcome of a test robust to the way in which the numbers are adjusted?

Best,
Gruppo