Date: Dec 24, 2012 10:43 AM
Author: Peter Duveen
Subject: Re: Looking for History of Math book recommendations

Norana, I am also interested in the history of math, but seem to pick it up piecemeal through articles on particular mathematicians.

I have a four volume set edited by Florian Cajori, which was put out many years ago. It has essays, often by prominent mathematicians.

There's a lot of material on Google Books that one can unearth. I have been particularly interested in the history of calculus. Not sure if I have been of much help, but it would be nice to have discussions on math history from time to time.