Date: Dec 23, 2012 4:58 PM
Author: Haim
Subject: Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar

Paul A. Tanner, III Posted: Dec 23, 2012 12:25 PM

>> "Amid an explosion in the number of students who
>> qualify for the seats [in gifted and talented
>> programs]..."

>> and you find nothing odd about that?

>What happens to the raw number of those who qualify -
>who score above these 90th and/or 97th percentiles if
>the raw number of those taking the admissions test goes
>up?

We are not likely to find out any time soon because,

- - In NY State total public school enrollment has been declining,
http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/statistics/public/2012/TABLE1.pdf

and

- - In NY City we are assured,

http://www.nycsca.org/Community/CapitalPlanManagementReportsData/Demographics/2009-2018GrierPartnershipReport.pdf
"Enrollments Are Continuing to Decline, But More Slowly"

But, thanks for asking.

As I was saying, that the Education Mafia are playing a game is perfectly clear. The exact nature of that game is debatable. I am guessing the nature of that game will work in favor of the special interests of the Education Mafia, not so much for the public interest or to the advantage of children.

Haim
No representation without taxation.