Date: Dec 24, 2012 7:41 AM
Author: Richard Strausz
Subject: Re: Dragonbox

> ...It is an ok puzzle.
> Brief play factor.
> Not mathematical except that it is a puzzle.
> Too expensive.
>
> Bob Hansen

Bob, as always, I admire your dedication and thoroughness at analyzing things. You are certainly correct that $5.99 for an app is very expensive.

As I read your description of the game, I was struck by the importance of having to follow rules to accomplish a task. The short videos I've seen indicated how visual support for the rules is built into the app. I like what I see, but I am concerned if the game's play factor is weak.

At worst it is a great metaphor for solving linear equations. Time will tell if it is more.

Thanks - Richard