Date: Dec 26, 2012 2:11 AM
Author: plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
Subject: pilot wave in superconductivity and polarization Chapt15.34<br> explaining Superconductivity from Maxwell Equations #1113 New Physics #1233<br> ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

My mistake, in that the incoming light in the Dr. Goodstein experiment
is unpolarized beam of light. It could be just a fancy heavy duty
flashlight in that equipment. For it shows the demonstration, without
the oblique filter in Halliday & Resnick, 1988, page 855 just before
it talks of the law of Malus.

So my task is to explain the oblique filter causing light to go
through. It is really not that easy. And not as easy as saying that
the light waves have components along both the x and y axis that the
oblique angle uses. It is more involved.

The easiest way of explaining the episode 50
of Particles and Waves in The Mechanical Universe
series of where David Goodstein performs a demonstration to a Caltech
classroom is to say that if you have a light beam and two filters of
vertical and horizontal that all the light is blocked, until you place
a oblique filter in between and then some of the light gets through.
The easiest explanation is that there is a pilot wave formed. A pilot
wave just as the Aharonov-Bohm experiment with solenoid shows a phase
change.

And I believe that this demonstration of the oblique filter is a proof
that light is a double transverse wave, not a single transverse wave,
for a double transverse wave allows the changing B field to intersect
a closed loop of the E field and thus creating a secondary new E field
which would form the pilot wave.

So how can a light wave consisting of double transverse wave of
magnetic monopoles create a pilot wave? A pilot wave would be a E
field in front of the wave itself. Now you cannot have a pilot wave in
front of a single transverse wave, for you need a double transverse
wave.

If light were a single transverse wave of this:

|_

shaped like a L with 2 vertices, one of E and the other of B field
then it would not create a forefront
pilot E field.

But if light were double transverse as this picture:

__|__

Then the B field passing through the E field would create a new
additional E field in front of the moving wave. So there would be an
added E field, and call it the guiding wave or the pilot wave,
although it was produced by the E and B field.

So in the Goodstein demonstration, the pilot wave is passing through
the vertical and forms a new wavefront all over again. As if the first
vertical filter did not influence the second oblique filter and last
horizontal filter at all by allowing a lot of light to get through.

In my opinion, the problem of Goodstein's explanation is that he is
trying to convey some change has occurred with the photons as the
intermediate oblique filter has been placed between the vertical and
horizontal. And there is nothing in a single transverse wave to allow
changes. So that Dr. Goodstein cannot be explaining "you guys thought
you were going up and down but half of you are .."

With the double transverse wave theory, everytime a wave front of
photons enters a medium, the pilot wave has opportunity to change.

I figured if I stuck it out long enough on polarization that it would
afford a second proof that light is double transverse. The first proof
is that the speed of light is a constant regardless of wavelength or
frequency, only if double transverse with destructive interference.

So the pilot wave is a secondary E field and that would then mean that
I do not need neutrinos as forming superconductivity.

Google's New-Newsgroups censors AP posts, especially the mobile
phones such as iphone deleted all of AP's post,  and halted a proper
archiving of AP, but Drexel's Math Forum does not censor and my posts
in sequential archive form is seen here:

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium