Date: Dec 27, 2012 4:29 AM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social<br> engineering'?

Haim posted Dec 24, 2012 2:59 AM (GSC's remarks follow):

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012
> /12/18/gang-rape-of-a-girl-inside-a-bus-in-new-delhi-r
> aises-outrage-in-india/
>
> Gang rape of a woman on a bus in New Delhi raises
> outrage in India
> Posted by Rama Lakshmi on December 18, 2012 at 11:00
> am
>

> >While Swaraj advocated death penalty for rapists,
> >Abhijeet Singh, leader of India?s nascent gun rights
> >lobby said that the rape incident demonstrates the
> >need for easing the government?s strict norms for
> >obtaining
> >gun licenses. ?There is talk of pepper sprays and
> >martial arts as self-defense for women, but none of
> >this
> >is really effective,? Singh, who heads Indians For
> >Guns
> >said. ?If the woman had a gun, this was preventable.
> >We need to get rid of our victim mindset.?

> Haim
> No representation without taxation.

+++
Most interesting indeed, Haim.

Haim's argument somehow reminds me of the man (whose name I do not know) who - when confronted by a group of protestors against the 'rape culture' so prevalent in India - said:

"You people want to deprive us males of the God-given right to rape?!!"

I put (in all seriousness) the following question to Haim:

Should all of us males who are really, really, REALLY males support that particular male's argument?

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away!")