Date: Dec 28, 2012 6:27 PM
Author: Yi
Subject: Pass structure data using mex

Hi there, I'm writing a c-mex code to output a structure data from a structure matrix. The code works ok in the sense that I can see the returning data in Matlab. But when I run clear or run the code again, it just crashes the matlab.

I used a 1x3 structure matrix as input:

input(1).field_1='a1';
input(1).field_2=1.11;
input(1).field_3=[1,1,1];

input(2).field_1='a2';
input(2).field_2=2.22;
input(2).field_3=[2,2,2];

input(3).field_1='a3';
input(3).field_2=3.33;
input(3).field_3=[3,3,3];

and the c code I used looks like this:

#include "mex.h"
#include "matrix.h"

void mexFunction(int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[],int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[])
{
const char **fnames;
int ifield, nfields;
mwSize dims[2]={1,1};
mwIndex nstruct=0;
mxArray *tmp_f1, *tmp_f2, *tmp_f3;

/* Check for proper number of arguments */
if (nrhs != 1) {
mexErrMsgTxt("One input arguments required.");
} else if (nlhs > 1) {
mexErrMsgTxt("Too many output arguments.");
} else if ((mxIsStruct(prhs[0]) != 1)){
mexErrMsgTxt("Input must be a structure matrix.");
}

nfields = mxGetNumberOfFields(prhs[0]);
fnames = (const char **)mxCalloc(nfields, sizeof(fnames));

for(ifield=0; ifield<nfields; ifield++)
{
fnames[ifield] = mxGetFieldNameByNumber(prhs[0],ifield);
}

plhs[0] = mxCreateStructArray(2, dims, nfields, fnames);

mxFree((void *)fnames);

const int namedim[2]={1,1};
tmp_f1=mxCreateCharArray(2,namedim);
tmp_f2=mxCreateDoubleMatrix(1,1,mxREAL);
tmp_f3=mxCreateDoubleMatrix(1,3,mxREAL);

tmp_f1 = mxGetFieldByNumber(prhs[0],nstruct,0);
tmp_f2 = mxGetFieldByNumber(prhs[0],nstruct,1);
tmp_f3 = mxGetFieldByNumber(prhs[0],nstruct,2);

mxSetFieldByNumber(plhs[0], nstruct, 0, tmp_f1);
mxSetFieldByNumber(plhs[0], nstruct, 1, tmp_f2);
mxSetFieldByNumber(plhs[0], nstruct, 2, tmp_f3);
}

After running, I can see input(1) exactlly in matlab. But I cannot run command like clear or something that might change the memory.

Is there anyone might have any idea about this problem?