Date: Dec 29, 2012 3:59 AM
Author: quasi
Subject: Re: Probability Pill

William Elliot wrote:

>I pointed the person who asked me the Putnam 2012 question
>to sci.math; he was happy with the proof given there.

Yes, but when you posted the problem, you never mentioned
the forum where the question was asked and never mentioned
that it was a Putnam problem until I challenged you for
the source. Up to that point, it appeared as if it was
_your_ problem (but intuitively, I knew better).

>As for the current problem, since there's nothing there of
>worth except for journal references to the problem, I'll
>not point him to sci.math. Perhaps I'll pass the references
>along to him or perhaps I'll just dismiss the issue.

So, out of curiosity, what was the forum in which you got the
pill problem, and why did you not bother to mention the forum
when you imported the question to sci.math?

quasi