Date: Jan 2, 2013 12:21 AM
Author: ross.finlayson@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Uncountable Diagonal Problem

On Jan 1, 8:59 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <5e016173-aa1b-4834-9d70-0c6b08f19...@jl13g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,
>

> > On Jan 1, 7:29 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > But in that proof Cantor does not require a well ordering of the reals,
> > > only an arbitrary sequence of reals which he shown cannot to be all of
> > > them, thus no such "counting" or sequence of some reals can be a count
> > > or sequnce of all of them.
> > > --

> > Basically
>
> Nonsense deleted!
> --

Nonsense deleted, yours? Often you write that when your train of
thought went off its rails.

There can only be countably many disjoint intervals but only countably
many nested intervals, but there are uncountably many points, in ZFC,
that naturally form intervals, that are disjoint, intersecting, or
nested.

And that's quite fundamental and basic.

Sir, I heartily suggest you consider that there's more to mathematics
than yet's standard, and that it may well affect the foundations.
And, Goedel proves that.

Regards,

Ross Finlayson