Date: Jan 4, 2013 1:35 AM
Author: Joe Niederberger
Subject: Re: A Point on Understanding

GS Chandy says:
>I really don't at all see anything that's wrong (/funny) with Keith D's argument (though he seems, to me, to be stating something quite obvious and not something terribly profound).

(I thought I had replied earlier but I don't see my post.)

You hit the nail on the head -- there is nothing profound. Though one could question what exactly is the meaning therein from many different perspectives, I'll just give one apropos to counter the silly example.

No one doubles a recipe by stretching the ingredients; they do it by adding more.

Cheers,
Joe N