Date: Jan 5, 2013 7:27 PM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: Re: A Point on Understanding

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Jan 1, 2013 8:54 PM (GSC's remarks follow):

> On Jan 1, 2013, at 8:32 AM, GS Chandy
> <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > In regard to your son's having "understood the
> >concept of infinity, ... etc", I would suspect that
> >your having "taught him well" had less to do with it
> >than his own natural "propensity to learn".

> How would you even know that? How did you go about
> teaching your children?
>
> Bob Hansen

Please do try and learn how to use your own language, i.e. US English -

If you would kindly do yourself the enormous favour of checking out my message once again, you will find that I had stated:

"I would SUSPECT that...",
which is quite different from:
"I KNOW that...".

(There are, by the way, plenty of dictionaries available from which you can discover these fine distinctions between the words of your language that seem consistently to escape you. Many of these dictionaries are even free).

> How did you go about teaching your children?

That, frankly, is none of your business. I did not bring up the subject at all.

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away!")