Date: Jan 9, 2013 3:37 PM
Author: J. Antonio Perez M.
Subject: Re: Proof of the Collatz Conjecture

On Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:37:45 PM UTC+2, mark...@gmail.com wrote:
> I intend to rewrite my proof into a more journal-friendly document. Which journal(s) would be most interested in a proof of the Collatz conjecture?

Well, if you have the faintest serious intention to have your paper published, not just write it "in a more journal-friendly document": write it in LaTeX and send both the resulting PDF document and the LaTeX one to the journal you want.

ANY serious journal will fight to have your paper published if...HUGE IF HERE!...your proof is right, something that, respectfully, I seriously doubt if you are not, as it seems to be, a mathematician. Why? Because you seems to be missing some basic knowledge mathematicians usually know, such as what serious journals are out there.

Warning: there exist several electronic journals in the net that will publish anything, up to and including a proof that Milwaukee, Wis. is the capital city of Kenya, upon being paid a rather hefty sum of money for "publishing ends". Beware of these crappy, lousy, phony journals.

Tonio