Date: Jan 10, 2013 2:20 AM
Author: Murray Eisenberg
Subject: How get Alt+Click to work in Mathematica in OS X?

I've discovered that Alt & Click (i.e., Option & Click) does not seem to be working for Mathematica 9.0.0 under Mac OS X 10.8.2.

Consider the Docuementation Center example:

Manipulate[
Graphics[{Line[u]}, PlotRange -> 2], {{u, {{-1, -1}, {1, 1}}},
Locator, LocatorAutoCreate -> True}]

After I evaluate that, if I put the cursor anywhere within the image and do Alt & Click, the nearest Locator just moves a bit in the direction of the cursor location -- but a new Locator is NOT created.

What's wrong and how might I fix this?

(I discovered this problem when trying to use Alexei Boulbitch's function copyCurve that he posted on MathGroup : Alt&Click does nothing, whereas it's supposed to create a Locator.)

---
Murray Eisenberg murray@math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
University of Massachusetts 413 5 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305