Date: Jan 10, 2013 8:12 AM
Author: Robin Chapman
Subject: Re: IJST: Call for Research Papers

On 07/01/2013 23:38, Editor IJST wrote:
> CALL FOR RESEARCH PAPERS
> International Journal of Science and Technology
> http://www.ejournalofsciences.org
> ========================================================= Dear Sir/
> Madam, International Journal of Science and Technology is an
> International refereed research publishing journal

International Journal of Science and Technology is a pay-to-publish
e-journal. It shouldn't be confused with
The International Journal of Science and Technology
(http://www.journalofsciences-technology.org) which is a different
pay-to-publish e-journal.

International Journal of Science and Technology
features in Jeffrey Beall's list of predatory
journals at http://scholarlyoa.com/individual-journals/ .

Recently, there has been a rash of these pay-to-publish e-journals.
For an account of practices of one of them see
http://wp.auburn.edu/ash/?p=92
http://wp.auburn.edu/ash/?p=94
http://wp.auburn.edu/ash/?p=101

I know s.m.r. has little traffic these days, but I don't think
it should act as an unpaid publicist for pay-to-publish
journals unless such a journal has established a sound reputation.

[
Moderator's Note:
What should be our criterion for publishing such announcements?
Coverage by MathSciNet?
]