Date: Jan 10, 2013 6:58 AM
Author: israeliteknight
Subject: Re: Frontline:  The Education of Michelle Rhee

It was really stupid of Rhee (no connection with Syngman Rhee, I hope) to have dismissed so much evidence of widespread cheating in DC.  It was when she did that, in spite of all her  other putative accomplishments, that she lost me.  What she could have done is proven that even the NAEP is in on this cheating scandal, as the former governor of Georgia indicated.  Their scores (and in particular their claim about no gender gap in math at the 12th grade level) are completely inconsistent with far more credible tests like TIMSS and PISA (and even SAT and ACT).

I would REALLY like to see the procedure they went through to gerrymander that conclusion.