Date: Jan 10, 2013 8:46 PM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in<br> defending fun

Responding to Michael Goldenberg's post of Jan 11, 2013 12:39 AM (pasted below my signature for reference):

Mike:

Before I read your request/suggestion as pasted below my signature, I had already responded to Robert Hansen's of Jan 10, 2013 11:03 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=8045478) - and yes, my response did specifically discuss the issues he had raised in his post. (Of course, I don't yet know whether my response will be passed for publication by our Moderator - but that is another matter).

Whatever, as one of the 'principals' you had referred to, I believe I may not be far wrong to feel that it is also a matter of 'principle':

To refute lies and falsehoods (along with the intents behind those lies and falsehoods) as and when they appear.

Which is, I believe, also the real issue underlying Jo Boaler's case against Professors Milgram and Bishop?

And yes, we certainly do need practical means to help us discuss complex issues more effectively than what we generally manage to do (and THAT is what OPMS is all about).

GSC
Michael Paul Goldenberg (MPG) posted Jan 11, 2013 12:39 AM: