Date: Jan 11, 2013 5:18 PM
Author: Chuck37
Subject: Stuck on format long

I have no startup file, yet every time I restart matlab it goes back to long format even if I changed it to format short right before shutting down.  It also maintains format compact.  I must have set it up that way somehow a long time ago, but where would that be besides startup.m?

I know I have/had no startup because I created one as an experiment with a disp function at the beginning and it runs that one.

Thanks for pointers. I can almost remember setting these things up, just don't know where...