Date: Jan 12, 2013 10:50 AM
Author: Jacob Moses
Subject: Subscripted dimension mismatch

Hello,
I am attempting to separate a large matrix into two parts for kernel formation for clustering with a kernel k-means algorithm. While I would ordinarily jus reshape it into a third dimension, this option is impossible given that the number of columns in the matrix in question is odd (24021). I have been unable to perform any of the things that I have seen before, such as indexing. Below is the method I tried, which returned the above error message.

EDU>> for n=1:24041
if n<=12021
split{1}(n)=test(:,n);
elseif n>12021
split{2}(n-12021)=test(:,n)
end
end
Subscripted assignment dimension mismatch.

If anyone can tell me what is going on, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.