Date: Jan 12, 2013 10:57 AM
Author: David C. Ullrich
Subject: Re: Matheology � 191

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 00:56:10 -0800 (PST), WM
<> wrote:

>Matheology § 191
>The complete infinite Binary Tree can be constructed by first
>constructing all aleph_0 finite paths and then appending to each path
>all aleph_0 finiteley definable tails from 000... to 111...
> 0
> 1, 2
> 3, 4, 5, 6
>7, ...
>This Binary Tree contains aleph_0 * aleph_0 = aleph_0 paths.
>If there were further discernible paths, someone should be able to
>discern one of them. But since all possible combinations of nodes
>(including all possible diagonals and anti-diagonals of possible
>Cantor-lists) that can occur in the mathematical discourse already are
>present, a human being cannot discern anything additional.

So far no reason to comment. The same errors as always, paths
are not all finite, existence is not the same as being "discernible",

>Matheologians may claim that God can discern more. But God is not
>present in mathematics. Mathematicians have no pipeline to God, as
>Brouwer put it. At least God does never reveal mathematical secrets.
>Or has any reader ever heard God tell a mathematical secret?

But this is new, at least as far as I recall! Are you familiar with
the word "straw man"? When has a mathematician invoked
God as part of the proof that the set of paths is uncountable?