Date: Jan 12, 2013 10:57 AM
Author: David C. Ullrich
Subject: Re: Matheology � 191

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 00:56:10 -0800 (PST), WM
<mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

>Matheology § 191
>

>The complete infinite Binary Tree can be constructed by first
>constructing all aleph_0 finite paths and then appending to each path
>all aleph_0 finiteley definable tails from 000... to 111...
>
> 0
> 1, 2
> 3, 4, 5, 6
>7, ...
>
>This Binary Tree contains aleph_0 * aleph_0 = aleph_0 paths.
>
>If there were further discernible paths, someone should be able to
>discern one of them. But since all possible combinations of nodes
>(including all possible diagonals and anti-diagonals of possible
>Cantor-lists) that can occur in the mathematical discourse already are
>present, a human being cannot discern anything additional.

So far no reason to comment. The same errors as always, paths
are not all finite, existence is not the same as being "discernible",
etc.

>Matheologians may claim that God can discern more. But God is not
>present in mathematics. Mathematicians have no pipeline to God, as
>Brouwer put it. At least God does never reveal mathematical secrets.
>Or has any reader ever heard God tell a mathematical secret?

But this is new, at least as far as I recall! Are you familiar with
the word "straw man"? When has a mathematician invoked
God as part of the proof that the set of paths is uncountable?