Date: Jan 12, 2013 2:22 PM
Author: mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
Subject: Re: Matheology § 191

On 12 Jan., 19:34, Zuhair <zaljo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 12, 3:26 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > No it cannot be constructed in that manner, simply because it would no
> > > longer be a BINARY tree.

> > No? What node or path would be there that is not a node or path of the
> > Binary Tree? This is again an assertion of yours that has no
> > justification, like many you have postes most recently, unfortunately.

> Notice also that one can have a COUNTABLE tree (i.e. a tree that has
> countably many paths and nodes) that has finite paths
> indistinguishable from the finite paths of the complete binary tree by
> labeling of their nodes.

I noticed that already some years ago.

> Let me show an example at finite level, take the three level binary
> tree:
>
>     0
>    /  \
>   0   1
>  / \   | \
> 0 1  0 1
>
> I can have the following tree:
>
>        0
>  /  /  | \ \  \
> 0 1  0 0 1 1
>        0 1 0 1
>
> Hope that helps.

No, you have not understood. By attaching one or more infinite tails
to every finite path the Binary Tree is not changed in any discernible
way. The path have exactly the nodes that belong to the tree. The only
difference is that infinitely many paths cross each node. But even
that is not really a difference, because it was the case in the
original Binary Tree too. Try to find out what the reason is.

Regards, WM