Date: Jan 13, 2013 6:00 PM
Author: Virgil
Subject: Re: Matheology � 191

In article
<49fd32d6-eeca-489a-b6c0-b2d35e15e51f@f8g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 13 Jan., 21:19, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
>

> > > A listing of all finite initial segments of all possible tails is
> > > possible.
> > > Cantor's diagonal argument leads to an anti-diagonal that differs from
> > > every finite initial segment by a finite initial segment which is a
> > > self-contradiction since all possible finite initial segments that
> > > possibly could differ are already there.

> >  Any non-finite sequence, such as an anti-diagonal, NECESSARILY differs
> > from every finite sequence

> at a finite place, i.e., within a finite initial segment of the anti-
> diagonal. (Elsewhere it is impossible to fix a digit which could
> differ.) Therefore, if the list contains all possible finite initial
> segments, then the anti-diagonal necessarily differs and necessarily
> cannot differ from all entries of the list.

An infinitely long anti-diagonal can differ from a different listed
entry at each of its infinitely many places. Thus unless the list is
uncountably long, it can differ from all of the lists entries.

> How long have you needed to understand the former when you were young?

That WMytheology is bad mathematics, I learned at my first acquaintance
with WM's corrupted versions of mathematics.

> Have you meanwhile grown too senile to understand the latter, which is
> as easy to comprehend?

I never "comprehend" claims that I have disproved.