Date: Jan 15, 2013 1:11 PM
Author: divergent.tseries@gmail.com
Subject: Academic paper

I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to give comments on an academic paper I am writing.  I used both Bayesian and Frequentist methods in the paper, to show that the result was independent of the school of thought.  The paper is publicly posted at ssrn.com.  The article is on why the returns on equity securities must be a heavy tailed distribution.  http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1678726

I did spend a lot of time in the paper discussing the differences between Bayesian and Frequentist statistics as at least 90% of all economists and finance professors are trained as Frequentists.

All suggestions are welcome.