Date: Jan 15, 2013 5:13 PM
Author: Haim
Subject: Re: Don't Let Math Pull the Wool Over Your Eyes

MPG Posted: Jan 15, 2013 3:43 PM

>No politics inform your criticism of education research
>or practice, of course.

Oh, my! But you have been gone a long time. I am the guy who points out that when it comes to education issues, it is all politics all the time.

Specifically, I have asserted that there are no technical issues, whether in math education or gifted education or remedial education or, really, in any education field or practice. Everybody knows what to do and how to do it. In fact, that is the basis of "Haim's Challenge".

You may recall that the issue comes up from time to time, why is there no technical discussion on pedagogy, math pedagogy or any other. Plainly, it is because there is nothing to discuss. Well, if there are no technical problems, what is driving the failure in education?

All together now: It's the politics, stupid.

Haim
No representation without taxation.