Date: Jan 17, 2013 11:45 AM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in defending fun

On Jan 17, 2013, at 10:51 AM, GS Chandy <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What I shall NOT "leave off of the brochure" is the wisdom not to tell the kind of lies that you told for years to support your untenable arguments.

Let's be clear as to what you are calling a "lie". It is my opinion that OPMS is nothing more than a list making tool. It comes with no built in wisdom or guidance concerning any subject of life, other than how to make a better list. There was a time, in the 70's and 80's, when system diagramming was big. That fad has been over for decades. Even if you had a better diagramming tool, or a better diagramming methodology, the world doesn't think in those terms anymore. The day for diagramming is long gone. It would be like trying to sell a better vacuum tube.

I realize you don't agree with this. I realize you have spent decades not agreeing with this. But opinions cannot be "lies". You can't see this because you have probably sank most of your life into OPMS. And with what to show for it?

Note, I originally said flow charting, but I think Haim's "list making" descriptor better captures what I feel when I review OPMS and its documentation.

Bob Hansen