Date: Jan 17, 2013 1:36 PM
Author: Jesse F. Hughes
Subject: Re: WMatheology S 191

WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:

> On 17 Jan., 18:57, "Jesse F. Hughes" <je...@phiwumbda.org> wrote:
>> fom <fomJ...@nyms.net> writes:
>> > No question about the fact that the history of realism regarding the
>> > foundation of mathematics makes most of it comparable to Descartes'
>> > proof of the existence of God.

>> Er, what?

>> "I can prove that there exists
> according to current mathematics
>> an n which requires more than 10^80 bits
>> to name it. This n does not exist

> in reality."
>
> Sorry for beeing too short for you to understand.

Here's what you wrote:

"I can prove that there exists an n which requires more than 10^80 bits
to name it. This n does not exist."

Now, I guess, you're saying that you meant to say something else,
namely:

"I can prove that there exists according to current mathematics an n
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
which requires more than 10^80 bits to name it. This n does not exist
in reality."

So, if you're saying that what you actually wrote was mistaken, or at
least did not convey what you meant, then just say so explicitly.
I'll remove it from my .sigs.

--
Jesse F. Hughes

"Let me tell you something, my friend: being a fat narcissist isn't
easy." -- MSgt Slaughter (Jackie Gleason) in Soldier in the Rain