Date: Jan 17, 2013 3:26 PM
Author: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: cluster analysis

> In fact you are right, using this code I only have the cluster numbers.
> Using this cluster method is possible to do what I want, i.e., after
> defined clusters (using the code from my first message) apply them to new
> data? If yes, can you give me some indication how to proceed please?

Manuel, you might be able to use grpstats to compute the means (centroid) of
each cluster on the original data. Then you could use pdist2 and min as in
my earlier post to locate the nearest centroid for each new point.

This would be reasonable for your trees based on ward linkage. If you had
been using other linkage values, this probably would not be the most
appropriate approach.

-- Tom