Date: Jan 20, 2013 11:53 PM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: Re: OECD "Centre for Educational Research & Innovation"

I really would very strongly urge all Math-teach participants to study the work that the OECD 'Centre for Educational Research and Innovation' (CERI) is doing for what seems to be some high-potential practical means to impact education and innovation in societies for the better.

(In my earlier posting under the same subject line, I had pointed out various links to the work that the OECD-CERI is doing. There are quite a sizable number of "CERI"s - I am here referring ONLY to the 'Centre for Educational Research and Innovation' that has been set up as a major OECD push on education).

The above-noted urging is, of course, assuming you happen by chance to be a Math-teach participant who believes that it should be possible to do something more in education other than shouting "PUT THE EDUCATION MAFIA IN JAIL!" - the persistent and continuing loud repetition of which very worthy slogan seems to be what a couple of our participants feel is all that is needed to improve US educational systems.

If, on the other hand, you really and truly believe that the very best thing you can do for US education is to keep on bellowing out the above-noted slogan, do feel free to continue doing just that.

I have lately spent a little time at the OECD-CERI website, to examine some of its initiatives, and find several of them to be (potentially) very worthwhile indeed.

GSC

Message was edited by: GS Chandy