Date: Jan 21, 2013 12:06 AM
Author: Nikola Dimitrov
Subject: Construction of non-standart Wavelet filter

Hello !
I need to give a presentation about image compression and Mathematica. The last topic is construction of non-standard wavelet filter using Daubechies method / factorization /, compress the image, plot scaling/translates and do a relative error versus compression ratio diagram.
I know how to do the factorization in a pure mathematical way, but don't have a clue how to do this in Mathematica and the whole "create a wavelet filter".
Should I define my own wavelet, following this tutor or should I define a procedure

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/DefiningYourOwnWavelet.html

I have already created the plots of the scaling/translates of a standard filter / Daubechies wavelet /, so that's the easiest part.

Any tutorials, papers, tips, info or Mathematica notebooks are appreciated !

Thank you !