Date: Jan 21, 2013 10:33 PM
Author: Tom Borkin
Subject: Mathematically Creating Metranon's Cube

Hi;
Metranon's Cube is a 3D geometry where all the Platonic Solids are nested one within another (octahedron within star tetrahedron within cube within icosahedron within dodecahedron) in such a way where the vertices of the nested solid create the planes of the next solid. I would like to create a mathematical model of this such that I could calculate exactly where each vertex lay in 3D space. While I am a programmer, my mathematical skills are not such that I can even begin to fathom where to start. However, as a programmer, if put on the right footing, I'm sure I could muddle through. Please advise.
TIA,
Tom