Date: Jan 23, 2013 6:47 AM
Author: Jesse F. Hughes
Subject: Re: ZFC and God

WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:

> On 22 Jan., 21:18, "Jesse F. Hughes" <je...@phiwumbda.org> wrote:
>> WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:
>
>> > That is potential infinity. That proof is not necessary, because the
>> > set is obviously potentially infinite. No, you shoudl give a proof,
>> > that there is a larger k than all finite k.

>> Er, no.  When I say that the union is infinite, I do not mean that it
>> contains an infinite number.

> But you mean that the tree contains infinite paths. And just that is
> impossible without ...
>
> In order to shorten this discussion please have a look at

http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/284328/how-to-distinguish-between-the-complete-and-the-incomplete-infinite-binary-tree

No. It's irrelevant.

We're talking about whether you can prove that

U_n=1^oo {1,...,n}

is finite. I'm not switching topics to paths in trees (despite the
fact that the ignorance of your question is obvious).

> There it has meanwhile turned out ... But see it with your own eyes
> what you would not believe if I told you.
>
> The index omega is in reach, it seems.

You're playing your usual little game of trying to change the topic.
I won't have it.

I take it that this new tack is so that you don't have to concede the
point: there is no mathematical publication which claims that the
above union contains elements larger than any natural, nor any
publication which claims that this is what it means to be infinite.

If you want to discuss paths in trees, we must first finish this
point.

--
Jesse F. Hughes

"Two years from now, spam will be solved."
-- Bill Gates, Jan 24, 2004