Date: Jan 23, 2013 6:58 AM
Author: Aatu Koskensilta
Subject: Re: ZFC and God

"Jesse F. Hughes" <jesse@phiwumbda.org> writes:

> We're talking about whether you can prove that
>
> U_n=1^oo {1,...,n}
>
> is finite.

Here I think it's good idea to spell out this (just) a bit more
explicitly: what WM seems to be asserting is that there is a finite set
N -- i.e. a set N such that |N| = k for some natural k -- such that for
every natural n, {1, ..., n} is a subset of N. The assertion is rank
nonsense, whatever one thinks of infinite sets or the diagonal argument.

--
Aatu Koskensilta (aatu.koskensilta@uta.fi)

"Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darĂ¼ber muss man schweigen"